This week Bean and I decided to play with paper and make some critter bookmarks.
For those of you new to the blog, I love crafts, but don’t have a ton of time. I love finding quick and easy projects that add a little fun to our day.
Think of Bean and I as your craft testers, our creations may not be the most perfect, but they are real and made with love.
We do our best to find the easiest, cutest projects, and these critter bookmarks totally fit the description!
You don’t need much at all in the way of supplies. Grab some paper, scissors, a glue stick, markers and googly eyes.
Because who doesn’t love a reason to put fun eyes on things?!
Your paper to be in the shape of a square. We happened to have some origami paper on hand, so we used that, but you can easily use card stock or construction paper and just cut it into a square.
Here are the steps that you need to follow to make these super cute bookmarks:
- Fold your paper in half to create a triangle.
2. Fold the top point (just the front layer of paper) of the triangle down to meet the bottom edge of the paper.
3. Fold in the left and right corners in to meet the middle triangle fold.
4. Open up your side folds, so that they look like this:
5. Then fold both of those sides up, along your middle triangle fold.
6. Next, tuck in the two new folds that you just made into the middle fold.
7. Take a second piece of paper, and cut another square. It should be the same size as the square you just folded.
8. Then tuck that square into your folded paper, and secure it with a little glue.
9. Finally, glue on some googly eyes, and a little tongue.
There you have it! Your critter bookmark is ready to help keep your place in the books that you are reading.
Now, you don’t HAVE to make a frog. Bean had fun just making some little monster bookmarks and then decorating them. I also made a vampire one. Just pick your favorite critter and start creating!
I hope you found these critter book marks fun, and will give them a try the next time you are looking for a quick craft. I know the ones we made will definitely give some character to our reading time! <3